This page outlines our policies.
I always appreciate comments and love hearing from you! One of the best parts of a blog is the interaction between like-minded creatives. This blog is a place for encouragement and respect, so please be kind and avoid harsh criticisms in your comments. I reserve the right to remove comments that disregard this policy.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines regarding endorsements and testimonials are set in place in order to protect the public from any intentionally errant or misleading advertising that has been paid for by a group or company. Since my blog may incorporate testimonials and endorsements, I want to disclose these details to you.
- This blog may be used to promote products, services, or other businesses.
- Some posts contain affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. This allows me to keep this site running. Please know that you are NOT charged extra as a result of clicking an affiliate link; there is no additional charge to you.
- Honesty and integrity are important to me. Whether I am compensated for promoting a product/service/business or not, I will always give my honest opinion.
- Mentions of associated products/services/businesses within the content of this blog may or may not be noted as an affiliate in every reference.
- I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I love that I am able to do the things I already enjoy (writing, photography, DIY home projects, decorating) and connect with new friends along the way through this blog. Thank you for your support!
Effective date: September 25, 2018
Caitlin Marie Design (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://caitlinmariedesign.com (the “Website”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Website and the choices you have associated with that data. We use your data to operate and improve the Website. By using the Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Caitlin Marie Design contact details:
Name of legal entity: Caitlin Marie Design LLC
Email address: caitlinmariedesign(at)gmail(dot)com
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Website.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Caitlin Marie Design uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To operate and maintain the Website
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings
- To respond to your comments or inquiries
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Website
- To monitor the usage of the Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Caitlin Marie Design may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Caitlin Marie Design
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide the Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. If you wish to exercise these rights please email us at caitlinmariedesign(at)gmail(dot)com.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please email us at caitlinmariedesign(at)gmail(dot)com.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
I am honored to have you visit Caitlin Marie Design, and would love to have you share inspiration with others! However, please remember that all images and text are copyrighted. Bloggers are welcome to use one or two images and brief description with a direct link back to the original post. Please do NOT remove any watermarks, crop, or edit my images without written permission from me. You may contact me at caitlinmariedesign(at)gmail(dot)com with inquiries for other use. Pinning is always welcome and encouraged!