The new year has arrived, and it is time to set some goals! This is a tentative list of the projects I am hoping to accomplish this year.
Welcome friends! Last week I shared a look back at the simple home upgrades I tackled in 2021, and today I’m excited to share my plans for 2022 home projects! They cover a wide range of topics including simple room refreshes, painting projects, and furniture updates. My goal is not necessarily to “complete” the list, but to have direction as I plan out my budget and time for the year. You will have let me know which one you are most excited to see!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue creating! For my policies, click HERE.
2022 Home Projects
- Refresh my six-year-old son Bug’s room. I began this project over winter break and am almost finished already! I shared the color block wall and painted arch on my Instagram stories (saved to a highlight) if you would like to see. This space will be a modern, minimal take on a Star Wars theme!
- Paint the media console (and maybe add fluted trim?). Our IKEA media console is by far my most popular blog post, and I want to give it a glow up! I am so inspired by this one by Kim from XO My Home and am hoping to accomplish something similar. I already purchased primer and paint and just need to gather a few more materials. It is out of my comfort zone but I think I’m going for it!
- Create a kids’ library / calm corner in the loft. I am also prepping for this project! The first step is to paint the loft area, which is the last space of our home within my reach that I haven’t painted. Which leads me to the next item…
- Hire someone to paint the two story entryway. I do not feel comfortable tackling this myself, so I’ll be looking for local painter to complete it. Right now the entryway is still the flat paint from the builder and it is so scuffed up. The staircase is especially bad!
- Add picture frame trim to the living room. I am loving the classic look of picture frame molding and think it would be perfect for our living room! Check out these gorgeous spaces by Jessica and Marianne that are my inspiration. (Side note, I have Googled “moulding vs molding” so many times and it seems both are acceptable spellings!)
- Replace living room furniture. I currently have my eye on this white sofa, these wooden accent chairs, and these linen slipcovered accent chairs (hoping those last ones come back in stock soon).
- Replace flush mounts downstairs. We have one by the front door and one by the bathroom that I would like to swap with something prettier. I’m trying to decide between this one and this one–which do you prefer?
- Add a light fixture to the living room. I have been looking at this modern ceiling light in white since last year but haven’t ordered it yet!
- Refresh the guest bathroom. After doing the powder room refresh last year, I’m feeling motivated to give our other bathrooms some love. Pretty mirrors, light fixtures, and updated faucets will make a big difference.
- Refresh the primary bathroom. Similar to above, but I also want to remove the glass shower door and add a shower curtain instead, like my talented friend Lindsay did in her bathroom (check out her “shower DIY” highlight!).
Okay, I have more ideas in my head but am going to stop at ten! Which of these 2022 home projects are you most excited to see? Bug’s room is almost complete; I am just waiting on a few pieces of artwork from Etsy sellers before I can take photos and reveal the space! Stay tuned later this week for the design plan 🙂 I would love to hear some of your plans for the year below, decor related or otherwise! XO,