Stay warm this winter with cozy bedding! I refreshed our guest room for the new year with flannel and linen layers and warm, earthy tones.
Welcome friends! Now the that holidays have come and gone, I am transitioning our home to simple winter decor for the next few months. One of my favorite ways to warm up our home during this time of year is with cozy bedding and lots of layers! I had the opportunity to partner with one of my favorite brands, Serena and Lily, to give our guest room a New Year’s refresh. Now I want to claim this space for myself because I’m so pleased with how it turned out! I’m excited to show you the pieces I chose and a before and after of the bedroom. Let’s get started!
This post is sponsored by Serena and Lily, and affiliate links are provided. As always, all opinions are my own. By clicking a link and making a purchase, you can help support my blog at no additional cost to you. For my policies, click here.
Cozy Bedding in the Guest Room
One of my goals when refreshing our guest room for the new year was to transition to earthy tones. I previously styled this space with a casual, summery look which I loved, but wanted to add more layers and try a different color palette for winter. I decided to go with a soft brown, natural linen, and creamy off-white this time around!
It is amazing how different this space feels now. The rug under the bed has both warm and cool tones, so it was easy to swap the bright whites and grays with creams and browns. The plaid duvet also adds a classic winter touch!
Bedding Refresh with Serena and Lily
Here are the Serena and Lily pieces I used to create this look!
- Alpine Flannel Duvet Cover in Doe/White: Swapping out the white duvet cover for plaid flannel instantly added a cozy winter vibe to the guest room. This duvet cover is 100% cotton and so soft! We have been enjoying Serena and Lily’s bedding in our primary bedroom for a while now and I am impressed with both the style and quality. Check out my bedding review here if you are interested!
- Mendocino Pillow Covers in Mink: I fell in love with the earthy tone of these pillows as soon as I saw them. They are made of linen and will transition easily to spring and summer.
- Ridgeline Pillow Covers in Chalk/Mink: I decided to try out a different pillow arrangement this time, and used two of these pretty lumbar pillows in front of the 24″ squares. The solid cream breaks up the earthy tones, and they have a pretty braided detail around the seams and oversized tassels.
- Down Pillow Inserts: Serena and Lily’s down inserts are top quality! I have noticed that they fill out my pillow covers better than others, look extra fluffy, and do not shed feathers.
- Topanga Linen Throw in Ivory: I have been slowly collecting pieces from the Topanga line, because the linen and tassel combination is just so pretty. Check out my review of the Topanga pillow here! The throw is made of the same fabric and matching tassels.
Thank you so much to Serena and Lily for sponsoring this post! We are loving this updated space and excited to host our family soon. Now tell me, what is your favorite way to cozy up your space for the cooler months? I would love to hear below! XO,