Looking for coordinating outfits for your family portrait session? You’ve come to the right place! Keep reading for family photo tips and tricks, as well as links to dozens of outfit options.
Hello and happy Monday sweet friends! Today I’m sharing something a little different–ideas for family photo outfits! I recently spent a lot of time coordinating looks for our portrait session, and a quick poll on Instagram revealed that you were interested in seeing my finds 🙂 Before I share my outfit picks with you, here are some photo session tips:
Tips for Finding a Photographer
- Get inspired by exploring Pinterest, and creating a mood board to help you nail down your hopes and dreams for your portrait session. You can view my inspiration board HERE!
- Notice similar characteristics in the photos you are pinning. Personally, I love outdoor photos with neutral tones, soft backgrounds, and magic hour lighting.
- Once you have your desired “look” nailed down, hop onto Instagram to discover photographers in your area. Look for feeds that are similar to the photography style you are hoping for!
- Talk with potential photographers about the look you are hoping to achieve and make sure you are a good fit for one another.
This post contains affiliate links. By clicking a link and making a purchase, you can help support my blog at no additional cost to you! For my full disclosure policy, click here.
Tips for Selecting Family Photo Outfits
- Look over your Pinterest mood board again and focus on the outfits. Notice similarities between the photos you have pinned and think about whether these will be good choices for your family! You will need to find a balance between “Pinterest perfection” and comfort 😉
- Choose 2-3 neutrals and 1-2 colors that you plan to use. For our photos, I chose white, tan, brown, soft blue, and pops of pink.
- Mix and match fabrics so your outfits are not too similar. You’ll want to find a mix of casual and dressy that feels right for you. For this shoot, I wore a casual linen bodysuit*, while my husband wore tan chinos and a white cotton button down* to dress up our look. My son’s distressed jeans and white henley were more casual. My daughter’s chambray dress* and pink linen bow were feminine without feeling to fancy. Basically, I wanted us all to be comfortable, but also look put together! *Some of our outfits are unfortunately out of stock, but I am linking similar options below.
- Make sure to have a few backup outfits! Thankfully we didn’t need ours, but I prepared for the worst and brought extra clothes for both kids and an extra shirt for my hubby. After all of the planning I had put into our session, I didn’t want someone to end up with a stain or missing button!
Family Photo Outfits
Without further ado, here are some lovely outfit options for your family photo session! Please let me know if you use them; I would love to see your photos 🙂
Note: You will notice that my finds are for grownups and young kiddos. I only researched baby and toddler outfits since this is my current season! Let me know if you would like big kid and teen options 🙂
Baby Girl Outfits
Baby Boy Outfits
Toddler Girl Outfits
Toddler Boy Outfits
Baby & Toddler Girl’s Shoes
Baby & Toddler Boy’s Shoes
Here are some inspiration boards you can pin for later! 🙂
I hope you found this post about family photo outfits and tips helpful! We’ll be back to regular programing on Thursday with the start of the One Room Challenge–I can hardly wait to share my guest room design plan. Until then, check out my recent Fall Home Tour for cozy and neutral fall home inspiration! 🙂