Hi friends! I hope you are all enjoying the summertime. If you’ve been following along on Instagram you know we are close to Ladybug’s due date! The nursery is prepped, the house is (mostly) clean, and we are stocked up on supplies… so I’m just looking for small projects to accomplish. Today I created a coastal bedroom design plan! Since we moved into our home about a year and a half ago, we have done very little to our bedroom. I suppose it falls last on my list because hardly anyone sees it. We think we will replace our dresser soon, and it is hard for me not to start planning the whole room in the process 😉 I am going for a light and airy design that combines modern and traditional styles. I would also like to incorporate coastal elements like teals, blues, and natural textures. I’ll share my inspiration first, and then the design plan!
I’ve been perusing some of my favorite blogs for inspiration and wanted to share! Here are a few bedroom designs that I love–they are light, airy, and oh so inviting. (Click the link below the image to visit the designer’s blog!)
A Burst of Beautiful | I love Alicia’s bright and welcoming bedroom, especially the pops of blue and the board and batten wall treatment. I would like to do an accent wall of molding in our primary bedroom someday!
Nina Hendrick Design Co | Nina’s bedroom feels so fresh and inviting. I especially love the all white bedding, striped throw (I think I have the same one!), and baskets.
Sincerely Marie Designs | Amanda’s bedroom is such a pretty combination of modern and farmhouse style. I love her simple side table decor, linen bedding, and cozy layers.
Coastal Bedroom Design Plan
Now that you’ve seen my inspiration, here is the mood board I designed for our primary bedroom. All sources are linked below!
- White Hemnes Dresser | Ikea
- Linen Duvet Cover Set | Target
- Honeycomb Euro Sham | Pottery Barn
- Natura Handspun Jute Rug | Rugs USA
- Textured Ceramic Accent Lamp | Target
- 5’ Potted Fiddle Leaf Tree | QVC
- Small Basket | T. J. Maxx
- Better Homes and Gardens Crossmill Nightstand | Walmart
- Yarn Dye Stripe Ringspun Cotton Blanket | Target
- Rattan Mirror | T. J. Maxx
- Molded Glass Candle | T. J. Maxx
- Ceramic Bottle Vase | T. J. Maxx
- Ceramic Cylindrical Vase | T. J. Maxx
- High Tides Art | T. J. Maxx
- Stripe Pillow | T. J. Maxx
- Decorative Coral | Target
What are your favorite bedroom pieces? Please let me know if you have any tips or ideas for designing a primary bedroom! Thanks so much for stopping by today friends.
Tap for more coastal home decor inspiration!